Friday 20 April 2018

Getting Closer...

Close...yet so far away! A lot of progress was had up at the house this week and while it all looks great, we are STILL a long way off hand over :(

Seems like some weeks we'll have so many trades there that they're tripping all over each other and then other weeks...nothing being done!

That's the joy (or not) of building I guess and you have to take it as it comes

Super happy with my choice of outdoor tiles as they look and feel like concrete only better!

I'm actually glad now that I have changed the colour of the kitchen ones and went with white instead of the grey. At least this way, it won't matter what colour décor I chose as neutral is always a safe bet and especially with my mind changing constantly!

So glad I went with the herringbone pattern instead of the (over used) subway these days, I think it lifts the kitchen nicely

Something I can't quite put my finger on is the moulding. I'm still not sure if it has been done right or if it's just me being pedantic!

It seems too high when you look at how much higher it is over the doors...I would assume it should be the same height?

It also looks as though the skirting won't go back on the first step, or they'll need to cut it down, which will defeat the purpose of having high skirtings!
The electrician will spit chips when he sees that they have covered some of the power points!
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do when they finish it off and paint it 

Here's where we're up to...



In the scullery, same tile as the kitchen



Painting finally finished on the lower level

Outdoor Tiles








Still think the moulding should've been the same height as the architrave!

It's even in the powder room


Not happy that the skirting may not go on over the step!

finished all painting...now for the screens!



Finally have shelves in my pantry!

Hopefully the hand rail will be a nice contrast to the flooring!








I'm glad they fixed up the niches in the ensuite, way too low for my liking and probably a waste anyways!


doors have had their first coat of paint but all skirting and architraves have been done


Still not convinced the moulding is at the correct height, especially when you see it from this angle

Have I told you how much I love my front doors?

So much nicer to see the proper colour of the paint on both levels




Oh that kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now we're in