Saturday 24 March 2018

Leading up to Easter


The week leading up to Easter, the tilers were out on site finishing what they could as they were still waiting on the kitchen tiles to arrive. The carpenters had installed all the doors and did the architraves and skirting however, I noticed that they had put the wrong doors in the foyer and Theatre room. These should be swapped around! The Cellar door is on but am awaiting the ironwork which hopefully will be installed after the Easter break.
Ben (# 1 son) is coming up on good Friday (next Friday) to install the theatre platform...soooo can't wait
Geoff is getting used to the tiles in the laundry though is still waiting to make final judgment when it's all finished and we're finally in!

We've been trying to get a final date for hand over from the SS but he' s hesitant and keeps saying "I'll let you know next week"!

The kitchen benchtops have been put on as well as the outdoor kitchen and I am happy with the choice and cant wait to see how all the appliances look once they're in

I decided to do away with the niches in the ensuite after all as they were going to be at tile height. I have always said that they were put in too low but the SS didn't relay it back to the carpenters until the tilers came and by that time, it was too late to move them higher grrrrr
I did however decide to keep the one in the main bathroom, it didn't look too bad and now that it's fully tiled, it looks pretty good to me (forgot to take a pic of it) and will do
 Some more painting had been done though I really don't know why they keep coming and going, they should just wait until everything's done and finish it off in one go!

I'm a little unsure whether I like the capping in the bathrooms, I guess I will have to wait and see how it looks once everything is completed before I judge and if I don't like it then, I can probably just take them off?























No comments:

Post a Comment

Now we're in