Monday 18 September 2017

Time to pick the tiles

It's that time when you kinda know what you want, but can't decide what will look best

I know so many people love the look of Hamptons with the marble tiles and everything but it's getting so over used know it's not funny

With having 3 different styles in the house and wanting to steer away from the norm, I have to be careful that I don't favour one over the other and try to get everything to compliment each other which can be extremely hard

So after weeks of deciphering different looks, I knew I had to pick one style that will blend everything together but yet keep it all looking like it all belonged

Since we don't live near the beach, my 'Hamptons' style has to represent the more 'Relaxed' 'Comfortable' feel hence the reason for the soft furnishings with loads of cushions in earthy coloured tones, hanging pendants, 'Shaker' style cabinetry and lots of 'Greenery'

The 'Farmhouse' look comes with the use of 'Oak' flooring and plenty of timber pieces and of course, 'Knick knacks' and over sized clocks and wall hangings

The 'French Provincial' look in the house will be from the design of the bathrooms, some furniture pieces with lots of detail, some iron work and tapware and beautiful linens

I think the tiles I have picked will do all styles a great justice and can't wait to see it all when it's completed



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now we're in